CRL Fall 2021 is shaping up to be the most competitive season yet! We know that there are more than 24 schools that are able to compete at the top of the collegiate landscape so it is our honor to announce the CCA Open Presented by Psyonix! Four open events take place over the course of October and November for both Eastern and Western Conference teams to decide the top teams that just missed the cut for league play, with $20,000 in prizing up for grabs! These top teams may just get a chance to compete in future Collegiate Rocket League events later down the road.
Sign-ups for the CCA Open: Fall 2021 events are now live on smash.gg! Grab your team, sign up, and get ready to hit the pitch and represent your school! In addition, don’t forget to join up with the official CRL Discord server to stay in the know about all things CRL.
Full details of the CCA Open: Fall 2021 can be found below:
- All events will be a double elimination style tournament separated by conference.
- All non-league-play qualifying teams are eligible to participate
Here are the dates for each of the Open Tournaments this fall. As per usual, registration will end @ 11:59 PM ET the Thursday before each tournament to allow proper time for seeding.
- East 1: October 24th @ 12:00 PM ET
- East 2: October 31st @ 12:00 PM ET
- East 3: November 14th @ 12:00 PM ET
- East 4: November 21st @ 12:00 PM ET
- West 1: October 24th @ 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
- West 2: October 31th @ 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
- West 3: November 14th @ 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
- West 4: November 21st @ 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
|Open Tournament Placement||Points Awarded|
- Teams must keep the same roster (max of 5 players) between all tournaments for points to be accumulated at the end of the season
- A team can shuffle which players are considered starters and substitutes on each Open event so long as no new players are added to the roster
- If a team chooses to add a new player to their roster between events, they will forego all previously accrued points and be considered a “new team” going forward
- There is no punishment for dropping a player from a roster without adding another player in their place
- Points will be awarded based on placement within each event
- Prizing is distributed based on total points performance over all four events
- Top 8 in points for Eastern and Western conference after each set of 4 events receive $1250 USD
- Your performance in the Open may qualify you for future Collegiate Rocket League events
- For player eligibility, please see section 5 of the CCA Open Rules (https://www.cca.gg/cca-open-fall-2021-rules/ )
- Eligibility exemption form here. If you were approved for CRL Qualifiers, that exemption is applicable for CCA Open: Fall 2021 & all Psyonix Collegiate events for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Eligibility exemptions are on a case-by-case basis and will be processed separately from semester to semester. Just because you have qualified in the past, does not mean you will qualify again. Even if you have been accepted in the past, please fill out the exemption form again.
- Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador
- Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon